Rohit Shetty Fails In Directing Kartik Aaryan To Stay Away From Doritos.
- Doritos has launched a campaign titled #ChipsNahiFire (not chips, but fire) to introduce its newest flavor – Doritos Sizzlin’ Hot.
- The TVC features actor and brand ambassador Kartik Aaryan and director Rohit Shetty, who take the humor route to showcase the spice element of the product.
- The film begins with Shetty directing Aaryan in the Doritos Sizzling Hot commercial. While Kartik is keen to munch on the product during the shoot, Shetty insists that he keep the product away for his own safety.
- Since he doesn’t agree, Shetty agrees to let him have the product on the shoot.
- As soon as Aaryan bites into the nachos, he is engulfed by flames, indicating how spicy the new flavor is. He is then saved by firefighters.
- Toward the film’s end, Shetty sarcastically asks Aaryan if they should do one more take. Aaryan responds by asking him if he wants to take his life.
Ankit Agarwal, associate director, brand marketing – PepsiCo India, said, “Boldness is at the heart of everything that we do at Doritos, and when Doritos launched Sizzlin’ Hot, we were sure we wanted a product that really challenges the heat tolerance of our spice loving audience! Once we had the perfect product, the next step was to design a campaign that tells the audience in the boldest possible way how spicy this flavour really is – that’s where the campaign idea of #ChipsNahiFire was born. The campaign does a fantastic job of establishing Doritos Sizzlin’ Hot and we hope that the fiery duo of Kartik Aaryan and Rohit Shetty leaves the audience wanting to see the TVC again and again!”